Author Neil Gartshore is the perfect guide to a magical county which offers year-round birding excitement. He spent 15 years as an RSPB staff member on the Arne reserve and now works as a freelance bird surveyor, leads birding tours in Dorset and further afield and runs Calluna Books, who specialise in buying and selling out-of-print natural history books.
Other features are:
- Birding tips, based on the author’s own experiences, to ensure you get the best from each site.
- Reliable and up-to-date bird information.
- Detailed maps and helpful directions to each site.
- Advice on public transport and accessibility issues.
- Checklist of Dorset birds and a month-by-month guide to what birds to expect.
- Seawatching advice.